Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

December 7, 2012

Christkindle German Market: Arlington, Texas

Last night we had so much fun going to a German Christmas Market here in Arlington, TX called Christkindle.  Terence's Aunt Loyce and Uncle Garry let us tag along and we has such a great time with them.  I was born in Germany, so it was extra special to see all the German memorabilia around. 
 
Some day I would LOVE to go back and see where I was born and visit my heritage.  My maiden name "Altland" is a German name too :-) 
 
And I'm wearing the super popular Piko shirt.  I loved how my friend Aly described it on Facebook....she cracks me up!  She said something like it's a shirt you can wear to a buffet or fit a small child under while still looking stylish!  I love it, I want some more....it's the softest cotton and so comfy!

Kiki La'Rue has them, they sell out fast! 
Also, TOBI has them right now for 40% off with code MERRY40
 Here are some pictures from Christkindle last night:
Watching my crepe being made


 YUMMY!!!!


 Love all the wood carved nativities and ornaments


 Can you spot Santa?  He's sleeping in his chair through the window! Ha!  We caught you Santa!

 Connor enjoying his gingerbread man :-)


It was getting dark, so some of the pictures didn't turn out as good as I'd like...but here is our wonderful Aunt Loyce and Uncle Garry.

 Connor and the Nutcracker
 This is Aunt Loyce and Uncle Garry's house....they go ALL OUT at Christmas!

I LOVE IT!
 Hope you all have a fun weekend!
We have a busy one ahead.....whew....
 
xoxo Becky
Pin It

5 comments:

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

I'm so glad you wrote about this or I wouldn't have know about it! I think we'll have to go this next week!

Amber said...

Oh this is so pretty and Christmas-y! The crepe looks yummy!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh it's all so Christmas-y! I love it!

LWLH said...

I would love to go to one of these markets, so jealous. :)

Rebekah @ Chronicles from the Peanut Gallery said...

I didn't know this was in Arlington!! Thanks for sharing! A friends parents have a wooden Nativity from Germany that they got when a family member was a missionary there. It has those nifty fan blades at the top (I'm sure there's a better word for that...), I can't tell you how many times I've knocked them out! I've become a pro at putting them back together!

NOW TAKING ADVERTISERS & SPONSORS! GET MORE INFORMATION HERE
UA-37405507-1