Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

May 9, 2012

Dressing for your Shape


I'm no fashion expert, but I do know what I like and what is comfortable.  I'm not exactly where I want to be right now as far as weight and how I look in clothing.  I tend to gravitate towards lose pants and blousy tops.  They are very forgiving, and thank goodness they are in style right now.  But I've also been asked if I'm expecting before....by the way....NEVER ask that. Ever

That's why you have to be careful when wearing stuff like this! I don't want to wear skin tight tops that show my muffin top, but I don't want to look like a tent either....
Blousy tops are in. It doesn't mean you are about to pop out a kid yo!
I have a curvy figure and unfortunately a Kardashian booty.  (Without the itty bitty waste) :/

Below is a style board I created.  It's things I would probably pick out while shopping.  It doesn't necessarily mean I would get THESE items.  I usually shop at TJMaxx or Marshall's to try and get the "look for less".  If I want to splurge I'll go to the Anthropologie sale room.  Everything goes on sale people...everything.  It will eventually go on sale, and trust me you'll be kicking yourself when you see a top you go 2 weeks later for 50% off.  Soft, flowy,and breezy describes my summer style.  And a little bit of stretch in a pant never hurt either ;)

Also-pairing with a statement necklace or fun colorful jewelry is fun too!
style mine




Visit the Main Post on BlogHer.com & join you in the comments
Don't forget to enter the current Life Well LivedSweepstakes

Pin It

2 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

True! I can't remember the last time I paid full price for anything. And I hear ya on the booty! ;)

LWLH said...

I hear you on this girl.
I'm still trying to figure out my style and how to dress my figure.

NOW TAKING ADVERTISERS & SPONSORS! GET MORE INFORMATION HERE
UA-37405507-1