Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

April 6, 2012

Good Friday

May we all remember what today is truly about. Jesus was crucified on Good Friday and rose from the dead on Easter Sunday. I hope you all get a chance to truly reflect on the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for all of us.  Without Him we would not be here today.  He gave His life for us so that we might live! 

Praise God!!!

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

Matthew 27:50-53
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.


That you Lord for giving us life.  Thank you Lord for my family, friendships, my country, a home, employment, food on our table, and love that abounds.  Praise be to God!

I know a lot of us celebrate Easter with family and friends by eating a good meal or having an Easter egg hunt.  Just remember when you do those things to remember what Easter is really about.  I've always looked forward to Easter and it's one of my favorite holidays.  We are having and Easter egg hunt....maybe when your kids crack open the eggs in their baskets they can remember the tomb being opened and Jesus resurrection?  And while you're eating that delicious meal with family you can reflect on the last supper Jesus had and how good that meal must have been!

I'm going to miss my family this year :

Easter 2002
.....But I know they will have a blessed Easter too :-)
  Easter 2000
12 years ago??? Wow.
Easter last year....with my baby boy!
I want to cherish every year and create wonderful memories for this child!
Time passes so quickly....he looks so little!
I look forward to making more great memories this year too!

May you all have a blessed Easter!

Much love,
Becky


Pin It

2 comments:

J said...

Becky, this is a fantastic post!! I hope y'all have a very happy Easter!

Tristan said...

amen!!!!!!

and heis just toooo cute..i always put an empty egg for t-a to openin her basket!

NOW TAKING ADVERTISERS & SPONSORS! GET MORE INFORMATION HERE
UA-37405507-1